Śląskie Towarzystwo Handlowe KUPIEC S.A. is a company with tradition. It was established in 1949, and its original name was Okręgowe Przedsiębiorstwo Surowców Wtórnych in Katowice, which had several offices and wrecking yards located throughout Poland.
Its object of economic activity was secondary raw materials purchase, today known as recycling. The company was engaged in purchase and trading of steel scrap and non-ferrous scrap metal, glass waste, waste paper, pellet and woodchips.
In 1992, after ownership changes, the Company was renamed and its current name is Śląskie Towarzystwo Handlowe "KUPIEC" S.A. The company headquarters is located in Mysłowice, but operational trade of scrap metal is conducted by its Office in Będzin, which has a wrecking yard and indispensable storage halls, warehouses and equipment.
Currently, under the same name, a modern company is being created with a focus on steel, aggregate and scrap metal trade. By employing experienced dealers, proficient heavy equipment operators and drivers it guarantees the highest quality of customer service. Organization of pickup and delivery of steel, steel scrap and non-ferrous metal scrap is at the highest level. The company has high-end equipment, essential in the industry, that is: a loader, a heavy goods vehicle, so-called hook lift with a pick-up truck lift, a scrap metal baler, forklifts, weighing scales, including car weighing scales.